pics : albums & week word


busy bee.

photo album
hope you all had a nice weekend! we completed the card purge and we're down to two happy boxes with room to spare. the photos have been reorganized and now i'm trying to make a decision about albums. i saw the most beautiful kolo versions in barnes & noble, but i'm not sure about colors. we will have one for home/family and one for travel. do we go with a pair in matching classic colors (black, brown, platinum), or two different beautiful colors (green, blue)? making a decision like this is so hard for me. i'm posting this early to get your opinions.

blurb
the blurb book is coming along very well and i'm super-excited about finishing it, so i can start on the next one and create it as the year progresses. already, i think everyone should make a book whether it's through blurb, i-photo, etc. i can imagine the work of many of you in book form - cindy*'s photos & recipes, julie's collages & poems, pascale's abstract photos, jaimie's cats just to name a few.

week word
asiye of l'atelier asked me make the choice for the week word and i'm going with

TWILIGHT

according to merriam-webster's online dictionary, the official definition is -

'1 : the light from the sky between full night and sunrise or between sunset and full night produced by diffusion of sunlight through the atmosphere and its dust; also : a time of twilight

2 a : an intermediate state that is not clearly defined b : a period of decline'

i suppose you could add teenage vampires, too ;). i'm thinking no. 1 for my submission. if you want to participate, leave a comment below and i'll link to you on thursday. have fun and enjoy your week, everyone!

xo, cindy

19 comments:

My name is PJ. said...

I am a wee bit surprised that you, who is filled with sooooo much creativity, doesn't make her own albums! Even buying those big 3-ring binders and acid-free page protectors, colored cardstock or scrapbook paper for backgrounds and then sewing covers with the fabrics of your choice! It's probably not sleek enough for a young woman of this decade...but you also have places like Michaels that has gazillions of choices...

Don't feel limited.

L'Atelier said...

great word!
i am in :)
love the photo, its absolutely beautiful
off to check out the lovely links :)

cindy said...

anything's possible, pj! i'll check out michael's and saw a review on target for their albums by a women who had 21! wow! maybe if i go through all our digital files, we'd have 4 ;)?

Pascale said...

I'm really looking forward to your Blurb book, Cindy! It's funny you mentioned how I should make a book with my abstracts (Thanks! I consider that as a compliment!) - my husband actually said the very same thing! So, yes, maybe I should go ahead with it now!

As to the albums you mentioned: I love the Kolo ones - I like their simple design and they're of very good quality too. Now in terms of colors: how about a classic color for the more formal photographs and a more fancy color for traveling pictures etc.. I remember how I had the hardest time choosing the color of my Photoworks albums - deciding on the color took me longer than the actual making of the album and I changed my mind quite a couple of times before finally ordering...

Pascale said...

Oh, and I forgot to add that the bee shot is just a perfect one - I love the vibrant colors. Well done!

Line said...

twilight lovely word, if I have the time I might be playing, have a nice week!!!

wild child said...

Love the bee photo and love that you're coming right along on your blurb book! Yay! I'm no help at decisions though - I can't even decide what to have for lunch.

I just may want to play w/ the week word... never done it before though, so I'm hesitating...

Meg xoxo

aimee said...

i'm a 'maybe' - gotta wrap my head around this one. i know you'll knock it out of the ballpark!

Anairam said...

Would love to play again - I have participated in the last 18 Weekwords - it is the highlight of my (creative) week!

Julia said...

I loved the definition of Twilight, deary! It sounds like a very productive weekend!

Candi said...

I love it! Btw...I love Kolo albums. I have a black one with black pages, printed some images in black and white, and put gold corners. This was back before I even knew I liked photography.

Hope you're doing well!

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

I'm really short for time...but would have loved to play...
LOVE that Bee shot on such a pretty flower...the colours are magnificant!
Char

julie king said...

cindy, that's a stunning photo!

album colors are hard -- if it was me, i know i would go with the blue and green but there is something so classic about black and platinum. sometimes i think the photos get more attention with the classic album covers.

this is the first i've heard of a blurb book but when i visited the link i was immediately intrigued. thanks for the very sweet link. i think my folks would love a blurb book of my poems and photos for xmas.

twilight is always that special time in the evening for me!

Veja cecilia said...

I would like to play along with the weekword game!

LENORENEVERMORE said...

I would go with the same colors Cindy! ...looks nicer as a display & I see brown for you for some reason?!
Great photo the color is so vivid...
I don't understand the weekword game...what are we suppose to do? errr...sorry my brain is like a 4 year old sometimes/all the time!
;)
~xo*

cindy said...

oh boy, i go back and forth on it. i saw the movie 'somethings gotta give' and she had gorgeous black leather albums. then, i saw the blue & green versions, which were so beautiful, too. i love those colors - grass & sky. i'm such a libra and approach decisions like these as though my life as though my depends on it ;).

i'm new to the week word, but someone chooses a word and then people interpret it through sketches, photos, etc. and post them on their blog.

cindy* said...

tough decisions! i usually tend toward color (grass and sky...lovely!), but black albums would be so chic too! i do not envy you ;)

when you mentioned blurb book, i definitely thought that would be fun to do...you are too sweet!

i love your twilight photos...what a delightful find!

Elizabeth said...

I do love a good bee picture!! Great shot!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE this bee photo... it is FAB FAB FAB!!!