pics : week word, twilight



sunset chatham, ma 1990/1

this week's word is twilight and i have two interpretations to cover the entire definition. i was excited to find the photos above while going through our old pics, which i've mentioned too many times (i'm sorry). i found these shots from trips to cape cod in 1990 & 1991 and they were taken with an inexpensive camera as i was only interested in the usual snapshots back then. i have nothing else even close to these digitally. they're a good example of being in the right place at the right time and the value in keeping boxes of your stuff for years! twilight is thought of as the golden hour and i can see why. it often eludes me as once i'm home it's hard to get me to go out, again. i'm going to try harder, though.



i wanted to leave it at that, but didn't think it would be nice to use something i found from years ago. so, the second interpretation has to do with the second part of the definition. one of the things that makes us happiest is the heated mattress pad cover we purchased last winter. i guess we're heading into our own twilight years when something like this makes us so happy, but with no control over the thermostat in an apartment, it's nice to have a cozy bed waiting for our cold feet.

these lovely ladies were going give twilight a go if they had the time this week - asiye, anairam, line, meg, veja cecilia. they always have something wonderful, so please visit them. scott is taking me on a small trip this weekend to celebrate my birthday. i'm psyched. getting old does have it's advantages, sometimes. enjoy your weekend!

xo, cindy

ps i'd love to ask anairam to choose the week word for next week if she's willing.

pps i'm just about done with the blurb book (also mentioned too many times, sorry again) - 62 pages & 170 photos in less than a week. whoa (crazy)! i can't wait to see it and show you every single page - just kidding about the every single page part! the duration of things by gesa cowell looks gorgeous!

15 comments:

My name is PJ. said...

What in Heaven' name do you mean when you say, "Getting old does have it's advantages, sometimes?"

Tell me, tell me which birthday this is (my next will be my 53rd)! Just leave the number in your next comment on my blog; no one will know what it means. I was sure you were in your late 20's/ early 30's until you mentioned your trip to the Cape in 1990..

Love the photos! Loved that they were old school too!

Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

cindy said...

you are so cute and curious, pj! i didn't say i was married at the time of the trip, but i was. i'm not that old, i just act like it ;). age is just a number and it's relative. and, thank you for the birthday wishes!

Line said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Line said...

Cindy visiting your blog always makes me smile and this one aout heated matress is sweet.. Lovely sunset pictures too, yes you said it there is something about being somewhere at the right time,

see you soon

L'Atelier said...

fabulous photos- will post my weekword interpretation tomorrow :)
hope you have a great day and wonderful trip xo
Asiye

simplesong said...

what a great find after all these years! so gorgeous photos. and wow, great progress on your blurb book!

Veja cecilia said...

very nice twilight interpretations:)

Anairam said...

Oh, I love your photographic interpretations of twilight! I was hoping to take some pics but left it too late, and anyway, yours are so perfect, that I am not going to attempt that! My 'twilight' is going to be late, an unexpected busy weekend has befallen (is there such a word?) me, but I hope to have a little something by Sunday evening though. I am happy to choose the next word - will post this on my blog on Monday. I so love words!! (I hope you will play along again.) Am now off to see about your blurb book. (Isn't that a great word? Blurb. Bluuuuuuuurb. Hey, I might even choose that for the weekword ...)

Grace@PoeticHome said...

What a wonderful series Cindy! I love your interpretation of twilight, especially the play on words for the second one :)

Happy birthday Cindy! I hope that you have a marvelous weekend where your birthday wishes come true :)

aimee said...

happy happy birthday cindy! thanks for taking us on a trip back in time through your photos. i like that you chose photos from the past; it brings to mind the fact that sunsets looked just the same thousands of years ago and will look the same thousands of years from now. there's a reassuring continuity in that thought. hugs and sorry i blew it this week. i'll get back on the boat next week...this time to south africa to see dear anairam.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a fabulous time!!!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

these are lovely--i love this idea cindy---you are so inspiring, always...

jane said...

beautiful...

please sir said...

Lovely look into your word twilight...interesting read too!

wild child said...

1) I loved seeing your old pics - they were great!
2) dadgummit - I completely forgot I wanted to participate in the "twilight" word of the week, and I had a good pic too! Phooey!
3) HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!
4) It drives me nuts when I get this far behind my fave blogs, but it always seems to happen :(
5) You are FAR from your twilight years, silly girl... but I have to admit, I have always wanted one of those heated mattress pad covers!

love,
Meg xoxo