bits & bobs saved for a rainy day, which it was when these pics were taken.
this week we -
- saw the movie an education and it was very good. quite intense and beautiful. i love london and paris, especially back in the 1960s when people dressed so well. however, style does not automatically equal substance - mad men is good example. the movie was perfectly cast with carey mulligan in the title role who is such a dream. she should become a big star as she's reminiscent of audrey hepburn and audrey tatou. love her new short hair, too.
- enjoyed a lovely belated anniversary brunch & stroll (pics from that next week) and made plans for thanksgiving, which is very stressful after the loss of scott's mom earlier this year. we feel relieved to have our plans in place, but christmas is just around the corner.
- lost 50 pounds by going through over four years of magazines and pulling out favorite articles before discarding the rest - yes, i weighed them. probably another 150 pounds to go and then organizing those tear sheets. it will be worth, though!
- kicked butt on the jeopardy teen tournament as long as we could play as a team and give multiple answers. bring on the fifth graders ;)!
- decided that a trip to sanibel island early next year might be very nice. if you've been there, recommendations are most welcome!
ps it's friday the 13th! are your superstitious?