Hi Folks -
Well, as you know I was in the doghouse, yesterday. Here's the story. I always send Cindy a text message when I get to work. I drive about 20 miles and sometimes it can take more than an hour. The other day, I forgot and she wasn't able to get hold of me for two hours, so she was a bit upset. It's understandable, but I didn't run off to Argentina to hook-up with my 'soul mate' or anything. Anyway, over the years I've developed some helpful tips to get out of the doghouse when I find myself there occasionally -
- Apologize with no 'buts' attached. 'I'm sorry, but _____' is not going to work.
- It's not a good time to start complaining about her annoying stuff.
- Don't even think about trying to buy your way out of trouble at least with my wife.
- Accept that you might have short-term relapses as someone is a bit cranky with you.
- Never, never ask this question 'Is it that time of month?'
PS Cindy said you should check out the video from Neko Case for People Got A Lotta Nerve. It's an interesting choice.