tunes : nicky's jazz for kids


blowing bubbles : practice is essential : less is more

Hi Everyone!

My brother gave me Nicky's Jazz For Kids a few years ago and I really love it. This CD introduces 'children' big & small to the joy of jazz with fun, light-hearted songs performed by some great jazz legends like Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Dizzy Gillespie.

Chew Your Bubblegum by Ella Fitzgerald inspired the photo and it took forever! Thanks to Martha McQuade for recommending a wireless camera remote, which kept this project from taking an eternity! I found out after stuffing three pieces of Bubble Yum into my mouth at once that blowing a big bubble does not require a lot of gum. Quite the opposite. You can learn more in this tutorial. See, you always learn something new round here ;)!

Have a great weekend! Go blow some bubbles, but sugar-free gum only, please.

xo, Cindy

13 comments:

Unknown said...

i love to see the child in you... i will blow a bubble or two and think of you.

happy playful weekend!

c

aimee said...

can't wait to check out that jazz cd for my girls!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Great shot!!! You are too cute for words :)

/// said...

OMG I'M SO EXCITED!

julie king said...

that photo made me laugh and i needed a good laugh! you look so cute and those big blue eyes!!!!!!! thanks, cindy!!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That photo is super cute and sounds like it was a lot of fun to do! I love kid's CD's. The music is so much fun!

Julia said...

That's YOU? You are so spunky and CUTE :) That's right Scott, you have an adorable wife!

Thanks for the CD recommendation!

onesilentwinter said...

i love it! it looks like fun and your lovely!

Laura said...

AH-dorable!

Mrs.French said...

oh my goodness...did your jaw ache? Even if it did, so worth it! I adore this photo! xo

yasmine said...

that's you? you are so QT!

Cindy said...

thanks you guys - i never chewed so much in my entire life and now i'm totally craving chewing gum.

Daniela Valdez said...

What a lovely blog!