fun : a few favorites


Jess Gonacha : Bubbo

Hi Everyone -

It's winter in our neck of the woods and the short days can get tedious. One way to let the sun shine in is to surround oneself with things that are bright and cheery, which is the basis for today's list.
Did you know that 14-0848 Mimosa is the Pantone color of the year? It's true.

I'm also on a self-imposed monthly spending budget of $99. So, my plan with these posts is to include wonderful treasures that are reasonably priced or free. I won't promise that I'll always be able to do it, but I'm going to try.
Those that I photograph have been purchased over the last year or so. Have a sunny weekend!

xo, Cindy


Art :
Jess Gonacha's gocco print is so sweet and I must admit that I sing that song to a certain someone from time to time.

Craft : I really love my Bubbo ledger even though I just can't bring myself to write in it. Natasha's attention to detail couldn't be more special.

Jewelry : Sweet Michelle of Blue Moss makes the most beautiful jewelry from vintage items accented with silk ribbons or seam binding.

Movies : Pixar's Up looks to be so much fun, as usual. Love those balloons!

Music : The Brilliant Mistakes is a new band to me and has the sweetest sound. Their MySpace page says 'The Brilliant Mistakes are a New York City-based band who specialize in radiantly melodic roots rock brimming with classic pop songcraft, vintage sounds and lush harmonies." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Shop
: I recently saw Gift Card Exchange mentioned on the Very Short List website. Through their Gift Card Rescue program you can exchange an unwanted gift card (Home Depot) for one you might actually want to use (IKEA), or sell it at a slight loss for cash.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Cindy...I'm loving sweet yellow these days! Your photo alone makes me smile. :)

aimee said...

i love how you pull bits and pieces of art and culture into one happy harmonious whole... and of course i love jess's print!

please sir said...

I love this series - what a great way to budget and still have goodies. Lovely photo as always!

Claire, said...

Beautiful table. I love the color of the year, vibrant and joyful! Great idea and list here, Cindy!

Julia said...

I'm swooning over your notebook! :)

i.d. said...

Yellow makes me so happy!

I'm trying to cut back on spending too...but it's so hard!!!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

I am currently on a $0 spending budget--ouch! I'm adding plenty to my wishlist, however, for "someday". I love your bubbo journal and the "you are my sunshine" print and am a big fan of yellow! xo ~Suzanne

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Up looks super cute.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful list, I love that yellow by the way, it makes me so happy!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

great photo :) I have a thing for yellow. it's so cheery- some people say it makes you a bit crazy though if you paint your room that color...

Happy Weekend!

Cindy said...

oh no, krissy, our kitchen is yellow. that explains, a lot ;)!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

so cool cindy! good for you and good luck with your budget--am going to surf some of these now! thank you!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love the $99 dollar idea and I love your pics! Perfect timing too. My goal is to reign in the spending this year. Its so hard with Etsy just a click away!

blue moss said...

oohhhh....i love the pic. jess gonacha came to sc for one of our first friday weekends and was featured in art & light (the gallery that sells my jewelry). i got to meet her and also bought her sunshine gocco print. (my "baby" girl is now 15...it's what i always sang to her) i love it so much!
and....thanks for the kind words about blue moss...you're a gem.
michelle

Cindy said...

the budget is taking some getting used to and i'd actually like to lower it. not this month ;)! you're more than welcome michelle - i'm so glad you have the print, too.

Pascale said...

Tulips are my favorite. These remind me of my wedding bouquet...

Megan Coyle said...

What a great idea for a post about affordable or free stuff--I like it! And that card is fantastic.

Unknown said...

hey! what a nice surprise! i'm so glad you like the print. and this photo is so sunny and happy! i love it. hope you're having a fabulous weekend, my dear!