fun : a few favorites


Paper Schmaper : Russell + Hazel : Fresh

Hi Everyone -

Since I work on marketing for an accessories company, I look at trends quite a bit. We don't follow them, but it's important for us to be aware of how our designs fit in. Lately, I've been
really focusing on color forecasting and loved this summary of Pantone's color palette for Spring 2009. I also learned via unruly-things that The Gap teamed up with Pantone and has a special t-shirt shop based on those colors.

Earlier this month, coco + kelly had some wonderful predictions and I really loved the choices from Snippet & Ink :

- Lemon + Navy
- Coral + Emerald
- Cocoa + Cream
- Red + Peach

I think they influenced me quite a bit as I focused on yellow last week and blue today. I've never imagined combining red + peach, but we'll see with Valentine's Day a couple of weeks away. Maybe pink + orange as an alternative? Have a wonderful weekend!

xo, Cindy

Art : Jim Deneven's sand art is absolutely incredible, the scale alone is amazing (via Double Takes)
. You can make your own sand art online here.

Beauty
: Scott likes to buy me soap, a lot. I hope he's not trying to tell me something ;). The latest is a lightly-scented Violet Moss in the prettiest packaging from Fresh. I conserve fancy soaps like this, but will spare you the details.

Music : My brother gave me Juliana Hatfield's latest album How To Walk Away recently and it's nice to hold an actual CD in my hands for a change.

Office : One of the best things about starting school each year was the new supplies. I love the Field Notebooks from Russell + Hazel and actually write in them.

Stationery : Krissy of Paper Schmaper creates the most wonderful designs. We both love the birch wood postcards and I'm particularly excited about Krissy's new letterpress. The above design would look awesome in that format. I loved how Mav combined her photos with letterpress. Just sayin'.

13 comments:

Michelle Brunner said...

I just love that stationery by Paper Schmaper! Also I love the color forecast for spring! All of a sudden I am obsessed with yellow! Love to see that it will look great navy!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I love fancy soaps! It was one of the things my hubby said to knock it off with because they were taking over :) Thanks for the feature sweetheart. That press still has some work, I'm thinking of making a separate blog dedicated to the refurbishing...

Vana said...

I am in love with all those colors. How cool is yellow and blue and coral and emerald? I too am so eager to see Krissy's new letterpress designs :)

Julia said...

What a great photo, darling! It's perfect for showcasing scrumptious colors! Krissy's work is FANTASTIC!

Cindy said...

no pressure krissy, but LETTERPRESS! LETTERPRESS! LETTERPRESS!

Anonymous said...

Paper Schmaper makes the best paper wares, and her blog is delightful too. I like your intriguing take on Valentines -- which is certainly a modern and refreshing twist on the universal shades of pink and red.

Unknown said...

Wow, truly great round up! Thanks for the shout out and link!

please sir said...

I love looking at color trends too, even though I mainly use white for mattress fabric! I love the idea of combining red and peach - seems like Jcrew is doing the same.

Also, big thanks for all your comments on the future of print post. They were really informative!

Anonymous said...

I have to say -- I ordered that postcard from Krissy to send to a friend and it was very hard to part with it! That inky blue color was perfection.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

love reading your forcast about color trends! Thank you! And I loved Krissy's work and she's such a sweetie too...
(Now I'm doubly excited to debut the Spring Collection to you to see what you think!...our colors are turquoise and cocoa/ and then pink/red/coral(!) , emerald/citron/orange
with some ivory, aqua and coral thrown in for good measure)
I have some notes on some of Li Edelkoort's ideas for inspiration in 2009 that i'll send you--you might be interested in?

Cindy said...

your initial pics are really wonderful, deb. i'm looking forward to seeing more and i love the sound of your color palette. please do send me your notes - i would absolutely love it!

i almost had to arm wrestle over yellow vs. violet blue for a photo shoot last week. i had to have yellow and insisted, which is something i don't usually do as i'm often flexible!

Unknown said...

you always have such great suggestions for things to look at! thank you, cindy. :)

cassandra said...

Thank you so much for the mention Cindy! I loved Kathryn's choices for my color week as well. She's always full of great inspiration!