fun : paper favorite


Guyzer + Bean (a Rock Star and his Apprentice)

Hi Everyone -

Thanks so much for the blog birthday wishes and sharing some things that make you happy, even if it's us - aw shucks. I have just one favorite today from the Japanese company, Piperoid. Last weekend, I innocently dragged Scott into Kinokuniya certain there would be nothing new because I had just been there. WRONG! I saw these cool paper figures and had to have my own.

I think it would be great to send a set to a winner in our giveaway ($17), or even these two already made. Scott would rather I stay out of the store, but it's not our decision ;). They were supposed to be really easy to put together and take only 30 minutes. Maybe for the 10 year-old for whom they were intended, but not for me. I really need to get a life and stop procrastinating on things like updating my marketing materials, scheduling doctor's appointments, laundry, etc. Ok, I will, but not until after I jam with cute little Guyzer + Bean.

Have a great weekend. Channel your inner Rock Star! You have until April 5th to enter our giveaway and the winner will be announced on Monday, drum roll included.

xo, Cindy


What the heck are these?


Straws with holes? Drumsticks? Paper chopsticks? No way.


Cut the strips into segments as instructed.


Put them together. No glue needed. Don't worry about the extra pieces ;).


Now, rock it out to some songs from Anberlin - Good Feel Drag is fierce while Unwinding Cable Car is inspiring (love the messages in the video) and the string arrangements in Inevitable are beautiful. Don't forget, you already have one groupie ;).

23 comments:

jane said...

Too cool!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

fun! I know how you feel... i purchased the paper magnolia kit from paper source and only made one because it took me so long!!!
happy weekend.

Joyce said...

These are so neat! I might have over looked where you purchased these, was it online? I know a couple of young boys who would love these and put them together better than I ever could. Thanks for sharing!

Have a golden day! xoxo

yasmine said...

oh super neat project cindy. whenever i go to the japanese bookstore in sf, i always browse through their paper section and they have TONS of porjects like that. i made a few once of zoo animals and they didn't turn out great...but my cats liked them :)

and eep! thanks for putting up an image of my mag :)

all the best to you!

Elizabeth said...

I saw those in a really cute store in San Francisco, and wondered how they were put together!

Grace@PoeticHome said...

Great work Cindy! These are so cool! Japanese design and crafts never fail to amaze me, and they are so great for encouraging creativity at a young age.

I wish you both a very happy weekend!!

washi said...

Wow that's super cool!

Take care :-D

mary said...

This is so awesome! I want to buy these for my nephews!!

Julia said...

No way! Those are so cool!

aimee said...

that sounds like a really dangerous store!

William Brinson said...

Very cool! Mr Roboto

Cindy said...

it is a very bad store for $99 a month budgets, but so worth it! i purchased them in kinokuniya, but here is a list of stores that carry them from the piperoid website - http://piperoid.jp/en/store.html.

hello mr. brinson, i love your photography!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

hahahahaha! you are awesome! rock out sister!

Anonymous said...

so cool!!! Origami!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Fantastic...visual delights of the day!

Annisa NF said...

greaaaaaaaat!

xo:D

Pascale said...

I could see myself snipping away a whole afternoon with these... Have fun!

simplesong said...

How fun + cute! Hope you're having a great weekend!

You Loved None said...

ah how cute! i wanna get this toooooo

hmstrjam said...

haha so fun cindy! looks like pixie sticks at first! i love the expressions- so lock jawed and intense!

SimplyGrove said...

How fun!!!

jennifer said...

these are so cool. And I love kinokuniya! I can't stop buying books in japanese, my husband looks at me like I'm crazy.

marie-louise said...

I'm very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!