when i made the butterfly garlands a while back, i wanted to do them in mostly black with a touch of white. the garland was pretty simple, but i had the idea of making a mask for halloween.
here's what i did -
- picked up an inexpensive black mask at michael's.
- painted it a matte black with acrylic paint.
- made a bunch of butterflies using the martha stewart butterfly craft punch.
- using yes paste because it's thick and gooey, glued them on and on and on and got carried away. didn't eat the paste or the butterflies ;).
- painted a long chopstick black to use as a holder for the mask and glued it on the back. you can wear it, but be careful not to obstruct your vision with too many butterflies around the eyes.
there was a halloween parade at the new york botanical garden this weekend and the kids were so great. there were quite a few pirates who looked very cool, although i'm not sure about the plastic swords they carried. we also saw the cutest little witch wearing her tap dancing shoes. only a few parents dressed up, too. are you dressing up this year? i've got a mask ;). happy halloween!