video(s) : winter winds by mumford & sons.
i love country winston (brown coat) who plays a mean banjo.
hope you all had a nice weekend! cassie of clementine bestowed upon me the kreativ blogger award last week and it's pretty great. so, here are seven things you might not know about me, although it was hard as i'm such an open book ;) -
- we don't own a microwave or dishwasher. there's just no room for them in our kitchen, so we are patient and wash the dishes ourselves.
- sometimes, i listen to my i-pod while watching tv, including american idol.
- i have a really hard time making a decision. i blame it on being a libra, but it's probably more to do with a fear of making the wrong one.
- when our fish rocky died a couple of years ago, we couldn't stand the idea of flushing him down the toilet. burying him in the ground seemed bizarre. instead, we put him in a small container with some water and froze him (less bizarre?). we thought we were so crazy, but apparently many people do the same thing.
- even if i'm in my pjs all day, i'll be sure to shower and get fixed up before scott gets home.
- until i get to know you, i'm very shy in person. email and the internet have definitely been my saviors when it comes to meeting new people.
- i'm determined (stubborn) when i set my mind to doing something like getting that darn egg to look like a darn heart and taste darn good - see here.
ps we made shrimp and corn chowder with fennel from a recipe in real simple magazine this weekend and it was delicious. the fennel adds such a nice flavor.