video : someday by rob thomas
for aimee, bella & pj who lost someone dear this week
we visited charlie last weekend and ran into one of his neighbors in the elevator. she told us he really missed helen and was looking forward to our visit. he told her about it three times and we felt so sad. but, once he started to talk about the people who hoard the food and talk too much at the senior center, the tears in our eyes disappeared because he was so funny. he's made a friend there and her name is helen. she's a nun :).
we brought him a nice lunch, his favorite key lime pie and scott helped pull together his tax papers. if you think doing your own taxes is crummy, try to help your elderly parent. while going through his folders he found this post and commented that it was so nice. by the end of the day he seemed 'happy' and sent us on our way - translation, dismissed us.
so, i was happy when asiye tagged me to come up with a list of things that make me happy because life is short and we should appreciate the simple things that make our days nice -
- flowers, i know it's shocking.
- music, especially new discoveries.
- feeling well-rested, which is rare.
- the sandwich scott makes me for lunch each day.
- doing something creative, well.
- a clean apartment, empty laundry hamper and no ironing.
- italian food.
- anything that makes me smile like your nice comments and the word darling (pronounced dahling).
- hearing 'cutie, i'm home'.
- hugs, hugs, hugs!
ps usa vs. canada for the gold medal in women's hockey thursday night - yikes!