craft | japan love

Japan Love
Japan Love

one week after the earthquake/tsunami and japan is still in dire straits. like so many, it's on my mind and i wanted to make something, so i used japanese washi tape, paper and my favorite punch to make butterflies. they are meant to represent the metamorphosis japan is going through and i've read butterflies are symbolic for many reasons, including the ability to bounce back from setbacks and longevity. i hope that will start soon.

when i bought the tape months ago, it reminded me of swedish design. now, it reminds me of the red cross. have a nice weekend.

xo, cindy

ps the new video by gia coppola for orla kiely features a great song from the band rooney and i also love the song holdin' on.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Cindy these are wonderful a work of art and I love the meaning too!

painted fish studio said...

cindy, the piece is amazing and beautiful.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

red+white,so lovely Cindy!
& poignant as well~

xo*

Elizabeth said...

Oh goodness Cindy, that is beautiful!!! Going over now to check out the video, I love Rooney.

Tamara said...

this is such a lovely piece. quite an inspirational creation as usual.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, Cindy. This is meaningful on multiple levels, and it is really gorgeous. I love the dimensionality of this piece. Japan is close to my heart, too, and I certainly hope they have reached the turning point.

blue moss said...

it's lovely and perfect....amazing!
and....i loved that video...made me want to go to london....
michelle

Anna - Three Sneaky Bugs said...

It's beautiful! I love it.

yasmine said...

that's beautiful, cindy!

sigh, japan.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Oh Cindy, it's an amazing piece!

aimee said...

you are a magician with paper!!

onesilentwinter said...

profoundly beautiful, perfect in every way.

vervlogen dagen said...

However sad the occasion may be, i love what you made.