giving thanks : for all we have : should be done everyday
In the US, Thanksgiving Day is quickly approaching and we will be cooking up a storm over at Cindy's brother's new house this year. It's kind of stressful and emotional as this is the first year we've tried it since Cindy's Mom passed away a couple of years ago. Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday and she always whipped up the most amazing dishes, so we'll see how it goes on our own. It's weird, but one thing that will be nice is to have leftovers.
Since this time of year is all about giving thanks, we thought it would be a good time to come up with a short list of things that make us feel grateful:
- Friends and family who provide a safe haven through their love and support, including you guys, of course.
- Good health and happiness (knock on wood), although we do feel some aches and pains from time to time.
- Freedom and the opportunities afforded by living in wonderful country albeit with some imperfections.
- A cozy home filled with treasures in a lovely little neighborhood within a great city.
- Living within our means, most of the time (Cindy's up to 4 calendars and still counting).
xo, Cindy & Scott
PS Psst, psst! I'm also thankful for this neat video from the Stereophonics for their new song 'You're My Star'. The video is inspired by the annual Hindu ‘Holi’ festival that occurs each spring in India and other countries. The weather changes are believed to cause colds, so people spend the day throwing colored powder and water at each other, which is thought to have a medicinal benefit. Okay? To me, it just looks like fun. Gobble, gobble ... C