fun : saturday in the city


video : paris nights/new york mornings by corinne bailey rae

the beautiful weather lately is perfect for wandering around the city. on saturday, we went to soho to pick-up a marble pastry board that turned out to be too heavy to take home on the train, but there were plenty of other things to keep us busy.


looking up to see structures that seem to fit together like puzzles.



a favorite local spot for lunch/coffee across the street from purl patchwork, which is where scott usually waits for me. that's not him, but some other dude.

noticing natural elements creatively used, especially the cork heart.



a shop called dosa was the highlight. wow. the handmade clothes are beautiful and delicate. i loved this wall of hearts, which is about 12' high x 20' long completely covered in strands of handmade hearts suspended on wires. incredible.


duct tape in kate spade and handball through a chain link fence create two types of barriers. i hope you had a nice weekend. did you watch the oscars? i thought steve and alec were great and i loved all those ruffly dresses. i was surprised the hurt locker won best picture, but it was very good. intense to say the least. enjoy your week!

xo, cindy

26 comments:

Line said...

I love all the details in your pictures Cindy yes they fit like a puzzle, what a beautiful week end, can't wait for my trip to N-Y!!!!

erin said...

lovely! those daffodils in the cafe window are gorgeous!

Jamie said...

Gorgeous photos, beautiful song, makes me wish I'd spent the day in the city.

painted fish studio said...

what a perfect day! my trip to the city in may cannot come soon enough! hurry up, may!!!

OneCraftyFox said...

Such great pics!

cupcake studio said...

wow. love that wall of hearts!

meg said...

Just when I think I've seen it all, you pull new tricks out of your hat. Loved all these photos, especially the cork heart and wall of hearts - and you got to wear your special boots w/ the turquoise laces! It looked like a very fun day :)

I thought some of the Oscar dresses were gorgeous too! xoxo

P.S. I hope you'll show us your marble pastry board!

Pascale said...

You're wearing your shoes!!

Lovely pictures. I love the heart pendants wall. Really cute!

Deniz said...

what wonderful photos! i love each one of them! looks like you might be getting spring...
and i still adore the shoe laces!

aimee said...

how much would i love to follow you around on a tour of nyc. i'm having a hard time picking a favorite here but i think it's the chain link fence! your eye has amazing powers.

Annie Pazoo said...

Thanks for the great ideas! I'm heading up to NYC this weekend and was planning a trip to Purl. Now have a few places to add on :-)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Excellent shots, Cindy! I love the structure 'puzzle pieces'! How cool is that?


And the cork heart? *sigh*

Joyce said...

A perfect weekend! I like the shot where the dude was waiting in the spot that Scott waits for you. xo

Elizabeth said...

My dear husband usually waits out in the car with a book when I go to my favorite fabric store in Berkeley. Maybe he should go to the coffee place across the street too.
Lovely shots Cindy, NYC has so many wonderful things to take photos of.

Oscars were fun, but I was floored with that lady that got up on stage and pulled a Kenye West on the guy that won for best live short film.

Didn't Jeff Bridges wife look beautiful?

Carly said...

I will have to make these beautiful strands of hearts! Way to make a boring wall fantastic!

suzanne cabrera said...

Hehe...'that's not him, that's some other dude'...too funny. LOVE those hearts!!!

simplesong said...

looks like a perfect saturday to me!

Anonymous said...

Loved the cork heart, very creative!

hmstrjam said...

haha hello other dude! enjoy sun in the city! loved the hurt locker!
(this is kind of an aside but have you been to the third rail coffee shop on sullivan street? take pics for me if you stop by!)
brainstorming new this+this=that, stay tuned!!

please sir said...

Looks like a fun time...the cork heart is genius!

blue moss said...

Hi. My week has been crazy and I've missed visiting!
You wore your shoes! ...love them ....and I love everything else in your fabulous images.
Note to self......must go to dosa the next time I'm in nyc...
And demi moores dress was my personal favorite

Lila said...

I love how your blog really is a journal. You'll cherish this later in life!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

julie king said...

you make me want to come visit in ny!! you have such a great eye for detail and color!

Fifi Flowers said...

FUN photos!!!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, that wall of hearts! Those store decorators come up with the greatest ideas! Beautiful pictures. You make touring NYC so fun.

Punctuation Mark said...

great photos... hope you're having a good one!