fun : this & that


[Mr. Kim 604]
We turned out to be Mr. & Mrs. Boring this weekend. I think we burnt ourselves out with the photo shoot about our summer vacation ;). We aimlessly wandered around Long Island City, Greenpoint and Williamsburg. And then, we found out that the antique car show we were supposed to go to with my brother who owns this 1962 Corvette (he bought it on eBay!) is actually next weekend.


[Twentieth Century Fox]
We did see the new Woody Allen movie, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and it was very good. We usually love his movies because the city where they're shot always looks beautiful and they often feature interesting people acting kind of dopey. But, we wouldn't' recommend spending $20+ to see it in the theater - dvd should be just fine. We both agree that Javier Bardem is a real Don Juan and it's hard to believe that he was the crazy guy in the eerie No Country For Old Men. I guess that's why they call it acting?


[Jude]
I don't have many pictures this week because I'm working on an entry for
Jude's Do Not Leave Unattended! project. The idea about what to do came fairly quickly (hmm, too quickly perhaps?), but execution is tricky, so I'm involved in a lot of mental gymnastics trying to figure it out. This is such a wonderful project as it lets us shift from interacting through bits and bytes to tangible journals that travel from person to person through the mail. The first entries are really wonderful. If you haven't already, you should sign up. Thanks Jude!


[Moi]
I'm also trying to get back to sewing again by starting with a new floor mat for our bathroom. The pieces have been cut, arranged, and now on to sewing. It's always interesting to see how a quilting project changes from selection of the fabrics to cutting them out to binding. It's looking very yellow/orange so we'll see what happens.

Have a great week ... new music choices on Friday, if not sooner.

xo, Cindy

24 comments:

please sir said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me. Thanks for the movie recommend - I've been wondering about that one. The floormat looks great!

kat said...

Agree - looks to be a great bathroom mat!

Megan Coyle said...

the colors of your floor mat are wonderful!

Julia said...

Are you kidding, that's not boring :) It sounds like you had a great weekend! By the way, I too saw Vicky Christina Barcelona and LOVED it! I've liked a number of Woody Allen's movies, but this one was chalk full or gorgeous people and gorgeous places, it was hard not to fall in love!

PS. my new favorite hunk is definitel Bardem! HOLY WOW!

Mrs.French said...

I am glad you went to this movie first...I will now wait for DVD. Oh and a problem with the floor mat...who could walk on it? way to beautiful....

carolina bleu said...

lovely colors and patterns

Claire, said...

Beautiful fabric choices, I love those colors.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

if you're aimlessly wandering again, come see me!
()brooklyn flea next weeknd--be there!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

That's the prettiest floor mat. Much too nice to step on. Please do show the final product.

Boring weekends are sometimes good. I love a lazy do-nothing weekend. They are very rare.

Mary-Laure said...

Ooooooh, that Corvette!!! I love beautiful old cars such as that one.

dee said...

Your floor mat is going to be amazing! I completely love it!!

Ann said...

Still those images are a delight to eyes and so is your writing. Far from boring if you ask me.

Cindy said...

oh, thank you for the floor mat love you guys! it's all assembled, now on to the back and binding, which will change it quite a bit i think.

Murray said...

I totally agree about Vickie Christina Barcelona, although I was happy to get out of the house for a change.

Can't wait to see the finished floor mat!

Jude said...

Thanks for all your support for the notebook project. Can't wait to see your contribution!

I definitely want to see a shot of the finished floor mat. That's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and patterns you've chosen for the bath mat... happy sewing!

Cindy said...

hey ladies - the mat is starting to look like it might make a better tablecloth. i love sewing!

fugsly said...

omg, I want your brother's corvette!!

Cindy said...

i want you to have it as he seems to love it more than us and it only seats two :(.

Vana said...

oh that floor mat is sooo pretty! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Cheers to you woman of many talents!

Cindy said...

thank you so much vana!

Relyn Lawson said...

I can not wait to see your floor mat. I love the mix of colors and patterns. I'm also eager to read your entry in Jude's journals.

Unknown said...

What an incredibly gorgeous symphony of color! You are an artist!
~Emily in Norway

Cindy said...

thank you relyn and emily!