home : sweep it!


mom had one : great for the environment : always handy & quiet

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the kind words yesterday about the childhood photos. My brother gave me our Mom's photo albums as a birthday gift and it's been fun looking at them. I have even more hat photos, but will spare you, for now ;).

Scott's father uncovered a 'vintage' carpet sweeper recently and I just had to get one, too. It's wonderful, especially since our carpets are either ivory or black, plus it works well on wood floors and other hard surfaces. AND, it's great for the environment as it uses renewable energy (mine), it's lightweight and silent. The candy apple red version we found at Bed, Bath & Beyond (not listed on their website) couldn't be cooler.

We also just picked up a simple Trimline phone and don't own a microwave. My, we are old-school ;).

Happy sweeping - it's almost Friday!

xo, Cindy

8 comments:

please sir said...

I remember using one at my grandmothers - what a great and simple tool!

jennifer said...

A nice coincidence, we don't own a microwave either! And never miss it (except occasionally for microwave popcorn).

Cindy said...

and, baked potatoes! scott is always saying we need one to make them, but our counter space is limited as we like to have a toaster oven, too!

Deniz said...

ah i love love love the sweeper- been looking for one round here, completly unsuccessfully. they are really great and the best things for handknotted carpets and kilims :)
don't own a microwave either- the only thing i would use it for is to heat up milk for coffee i guess- am so old fashioned i make my baked patatoes quite happily in the oven
;)

aimee said...

a trimline! fabulous! i'm still loving that hat photo you posted yesterday :)

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I used to have a sweeper in college, but I did not take care of it and it got all these threads and cat hairs caught in the brushes and it just got too icky for me. If I got a new one, I'd be more appreciative.

Cindy said...

i am truly beside myself with joy over this household appliance!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet comment, I really appreciate it! Btw...I have something for you on my blog :)