pics : paint me red




Hi All -

One day early, it's time for another 'Love Thursday' and these photos come with a story from this past summer. I hope you like it because I had a really hard time taking these photos and couldn't choose just one.
  • We were leaving the next day for a long weekend at the beach.
  • I needed a deep red nail polish for our photo shoot, but was too tired to go to the store.
  • Scott was going and said he wouldn't mind getting it for me.
  • Sweet, right? It gets better.
  • He purchased the nail polish and thought about his color choice after leaving the store.
  • It wasn't quite right.
  • So, he went back and exchanged it for Revlon #730, Valentine.
  • He said he liked the color better.
  • I think it was the name.
Happy October!

xo, Cindy

PS I never used the polish because I couldn't apply it to my toe nails without looking like they were bleeding. I've kept it as a memento though! And no, Scott wouldn't do it and said so before I even thought to ask him ;).

PSS Don't forget the Vice Presidential Debates Thursday night. Should be interesting.

23 comments:

Jude said...

What a great story to go with those pics. ☺

I'll be watching tomorrow night; interesting, indeed!

aimee said...

knowing that he chose it for the name 'valentine' is reason alone to keep it!

Julia said...

That is a GREAT story :) Valentine! How sweet :)

I hope you're excited about your trip to the beach! I'm excited for you!

Sending love!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

what a guy!!!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVELY... it's Valentines Day in October!
Enjoy your photo shoot and the beach!

julie king said...

love the shade, the name and the photos. wonderful! and, isn't scott a total sweetheart?!! you are one lucky lady!

Unknown said...

gorgeous. the story and the photo. i LOVE your blog!
*)

please sir said...

Oh my what an amazing and sweet thought - keep it forever!!!

Cindy said...

i'm amazed that he didn't feel embarassed. he's a keeper. he'll love all the praise. hope it doesn't go to his head ;)!

Mrs.French said...

this story cracks me up! I love it! Oh and I think "entertaining" may be a better word for the debates... *)

Unknown said...

i love that you wear red nail polish...it's very romantic, he's right.
and talk about good tv, thurs. night should be a doozy.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

So sweet! What a cutie....
xo
Melissa

Elizabeth said...

OOO I have that shade and I love it. I only put it on my toe nails though,since my nails are always short,and would look rather odd in that shade.
I can't wait for the debates on Thursday!!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Cute story.
Nice red, too!

Unknown said...

hahaha, sweet story!
I like how you put it all in bullet points too. :)

Cindy said...

thanks ladies! the debates will be 'something else' for sure.

heather smith jones said...

That really is a sweet story. I don't see my husband doing that, although he does his fair share of sweet things.

yes, the debates. I will be watching.

ps. Thank you for your sweet comment on my quiet post yesterday Cindy. :)

lotta said...

What a great story. He is a great guy...

I love October everything seems so much crisper all of a sudden, so hang in there in the midst of market crashes, and political turmoil. Yes, we can.

thekreativelife said...

What a sweet story! I mean how many guys do you know of that would pick out polish for their significant other? ;) Love the photos!

Cindy said...

he really is a good shopper. takes after his father. i'm lucky for it!

Shalet said...

Awww - sweet. I have the hardest time painting my own nails too. That's why I stick with neutral colors. :o)

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Your hubby sounds like absolutely sweetest! Love the photo.

Cindy said...

hi shalet - i used be more limber and able to get it on myself, but i don't know if girls do it themselves anymore.

suzanne - he is, but all this attention is definitely going to his head! i hope i don't have to do a 180 degree turn in the near future ;).