holiday windows : anthropologie+



Hi Everyone -

Well, we're at the end of our holiday tour with Anthropologie, Rockefeller Center. I especially liked these windows as this is a favorite store. The displays were cozy and pretty in their unique vintage-style. There were two women pressed up against the windows with their cameras who were so cute. One took out her Holga camera at the window with all of the boxed Christmas balls and you know she captured something special.

When we got to Anthropologie Scott was a little bit tired (we walked about 2 miles at that point) and said he would go inside and look around! He did get me a surprise, which is probably some kind of soap. He loves soap and is always smelling it. Go figure!

There are a few extra treats at the end. Thanks for joining us!

xo, Cindy












Saks Fifth Avenue
The theme for this group of windows was "A Flake Like Mike' from the book by Mike Reiss and they were full of Swarovski crystals.




Not yet ... keep going.

Rockefeller Center
It has become really difficult to get a photos of the tree. There are so many people and they have cordoned off the best spots. But, there's always a way. We'll try to capture the tree and angels at night, which is when they look the most beautiful.





Grand Central
Light show! We started at 9:30 am, and as the clock indicates in the photo below, we finished at 2:30 pm! We had breakfast at a new place called Danku, followed by a quick diversion into Lacoste - sale yay!, lunch at Sarabeth's, and then on our way home for dinner and a nap. We love New York City and feel lucky to live here. Some people never leave their own neighborhood and explore other parts of the city. That sounds crazy to us as it's not always an easy place to live. We're happy to share our experiences with all of you. But, for now, that's all folks! See you tomorrow with some really happy music.

19 comments:

aimee said...

a spectacular tour! felt like i was there. i love new york at the holidays!

SimplyGrove said...

Wow!! Thank you so much for this tour!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Anthropolgie was the best out of them all... thank you for the tour. I really really enjoyed it!

C

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

yes, Anthropolgie was amazing! I really really appreciate you sharing the windows with us :)

julie king said...

cindy, i'm just so delighted that you shared all of this with us. these widow displays are such a far, far cry from what we see here in southern ohio. i loved the anthropologie photos and the barney's photos with all the peace signs hit home with me as well.

please sir said...

Ohh I don't want it to end! I love this series...it was so special to see all the windows. Boy, that Anthro one is KILLING me...it is so amazing beyond words. Hello, job?

Julia said...

Thank you so much Scott, for making it all the way to Anthropologie and back :) It looks like you two had an incredible time! I loved all the photos! I wish I could be there and we could all go out for a Christmas drink or two!

Anonymous said...

I am so envious you get to see these gorgeous displays on a daily basis. I love the sleds....one has my mom's name on it. Too cute!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

aww man..these are fantastic--anthropologie is off the charts...i can;t wait to see them for myself! and thanks to you I know exactly which ones I'll go and see!

Deniz said...

Thank you for that fabulous tour! Antropology is my favorite i think. i feel like i was there- except i am relaxed, sitting at my pool enjoying the night breeze :)
see you tomorrow
ps let us know if you were right about the soap ;)

blue moss said...

ooohhhh....just found your tour...what fun to see all the windows at once. it's been years since i've been in nyc at christmas, and this was such a treat!! thanks so so much!

Mrs.French said...

one of my all-time favorite holiday posts...you put me there and for a gal who does not have the luxury of going that says a lot...I just knew the Anthropologie window would be my favorite. Oh my the ornaments...my trigger finger is itching! xxoo t

Anonymous said...

wow that's some pretty christmas decoration!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

anthro never ceases to amaze me. I'm in awe every time I have the opportunity to go there. This series has been amazing Cindy...definitely a fave this week!

dee said...

SO close you were to me...yet so far away!! I am loving your department store window posts, Cindy. I haven't seen many yet. These might be my favorite. I love the ornaments and festive sleds!! I hope your NYC trip was fantastic...looks it;)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for all these wonderful pictures of all the windows! San Francisco really did NOT step up to the plate this year in the window department!! New York is always amazing in that department.

Chelsea said...

thanks for sharing these wonderful pics. I love the anthro one with the ice skates!

Vana said...

heavenly...no other words!

Atelier Pompadour said...

hello Cindy and Scott! I was in NY in from december 4th to 9th,thank you for letting me see these awesome windows one more time!! I have a question:can you tell me in wich store I have seen that gorgeous,real,true Santa than makes me believe in it one more time like I was a children?!?!I can't remember the name of that gorgeous shop!!thank you!! Paola http://www.flickr.com/photos/31911775@N05/?saved=1